Ramadhan 1434H: Day 1

I’m just going to jump right in.

To those newly married: You know that feeling of freedom gets up-ed by one (or many many) level(s) after you get married? So when the husband asked me if I wanted to go to Geylang Serai last night, I immediately replied “NAAAAAAAAK!!!!”.

I didn’t care that most of the stalls weren’t set up yet. I didn’t care that it was 11pm at night and I have to go to work the next morning. But because I never got the chance to step into Geylang Serai on the first day of Ramadhan, I. MUST. GO.

I already went “Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah…” just after we turned at the junction at Darul Aman Mosque at Eunos, because I could already see the long road of lights and decor from afar! Jakon la katakan…

Many of the food stalls were in operation and that smell of dendeng welcomed me into Geylang Serai. *sniff sniff* I was quite surprised that there were many people there too, which made me go “Dorang ni tak tahu dah malam giler ke? Tak keje ke besok?”… but kept the comment to myself, sebab aku sedar aku pun one of them lah! LOL.

So we walked and ended up buying Takoyaki Balls, Ubi Goreng, Cempedak Goreng, one slice of Dendeng and some drinks. We sat on the curb of the open-space carpark (macam budak terbiar gitu) and enjoyed the foodstuffs until…. I saw a mouse lurking around the carpark….. which Tok was too happy to say “Ratatouille! Come! Come!” Pffffft.

But thankfully, the husband was being quite considerate (maybe he was terrified by the mouse also, heh) so we didn’t spend much time there and got home slightly after midnight.

Alhamdulillah, this morning’s pre-dawn meal (sahur) was moderate. My mum cooked Asam Pedas Ikan Pari last night, she fried some po-ta-tooooooo fries, I helped her make some Tuna Mayo and my dad (the Director of the Drinks Department) made some milo.

I decided to catch-up on sleep before waking up for Subuh and got ready for work. I got to catch-up on sleep (again) in my bus-ride…. I woke up when I realized my head suddenly leaned way to the left, on the shoulder of a lady. I apologised to her (fearing she might whack me with the helmet she was carrying), and she giggled at me. Funny meh… Ok lah, at least never got whacked.

Moral of the story: Tu lah gatal sangat nak pegi Geylang Serai malam malam kan kan kan?

So now I’m on my desk, which I had cleaned yesterday, off with my mug and thermos! Can’t wait to see them again after raya. Haha.

Have you tidied your desk? Well, hope your first day was better than mine! Tonight we will be breaking-fast (iftar) at my in-law’s place…. more than 6 people in the house, confirm kecoh!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s