Children. JUST KIDDING. Hehehehehehe. 😁
Last week I was looking for fitness-related 30-day challenges in Pinterest, however this was one of the items that popped up.
Hmm, will I guess this could count as ‘fitness’. Fitness for the mind. And I thought I’d give this a shot. Knowing my commitment and time to post something here, I’d allow myself the option to input my thoughts via other methods than typing.
If you are interested to try this with me, jommm! Who knows you may find this beneficial!
If there is also any chance you are curious about lavendaire.com, it is a blog created by Aileen who is sharing her discovery journey to love life. While I seldom go to the site, I do watch her Youtube videos when I have free time, and the first thing that got me hooked to her videos was her soothing voice. And then her hair. Haha.
Also, this is not a paid-post for the site, haha, just something I would like to share sincerely from the heart. Sometimes we just need a tiny break to reflect, or hear a soothing voice. Heh.
(Photo credit: https://www.lavendaire.com/journaling-ideas/)
I just discovered what GYST stands for: Get Your Shit Together
… which is so apt to what I am facing right now. I have been tracking my weight for the past few weeks, and today being a brand new month, I thought I looked back at my weight readings in October. And I wish I hadn’t.
The numbers kept going up and up, and I am 0.01kg shy from 86kg.
So I think it’s time to get MY shit together.
D and I have not touched McDonald’s food in October, we ate healthily 90% of the times (the remaining 10% included cakes on our birthdays, and that is our right) through meal prepping, and they say weight loss is made up of 80% diet and 20% exercise.
Ahh……… I think we only practised 100% diet and 0% exercise. That’s the problem.
Oh my goodness, where is Motivation when you need her?
A few weeks ago, I posted a few photos mentioning an ‘experiment’ D & I were carrying out… as our effort to lose weight and figuring out the best method, we tried out INTERMITTENT FASTING.
It is quite interesting (to me at least) because first of all, I found out that it is one of the many forms of dieting (Keto Diet, South Beach Diet, etc). If you are as curious as me, just google about it and there are so many information on it.
So how did we fare?
We failed terribly. It took us one week to conclude that this diet is just not for breakfast lovers like us. JUST coffee for breakfast is not sufficient to get us through the first hour of our day at work (by 10am we would ask each other if we could eat a candy).
So what’s next? Trying out another diet?
Not for now. I guess we love our mealtimes too much, but we are trying our best to making better food choices. As for now, we had made a pact to say bye-bye to fast food (D didn’t say until when though, I hope it’s not forever because McD will have Prosperity Burger next year….).
It’s ironic how we can survive Ramadhan, but couldn’t survive this type of fasting >>> points the finger to the syaitan.
(Photo credit: here)
Eid Mubarak to all my Muslim friends!
Yes, I have been missing and maybe have been missed too (teehee)? Since my last post, I have given birth to a baby boy (sorry, no birth story – that’s for my own memory to keep), I have survived staying alive with less than 7 hours of sleep each day, and alhamdulillah, D & I are still sane.
Our baby boy, N (full name: Daing Nabil Bin Daing Afdal) has turned 6 months and is growing well, alhamdulillah. Maybe a few minor issues, but otherwise, healthy and well (from the looks of his poop).
How’s your Hari Raya been? This year, D & I have decided not to buy new raya outfits, because we wanted to lose weight desperately. Hence, we used our old raya outfits as our motivation. As a result, I am happy to report that I fit into probably 50% of my old clothes? D didn’t get to the chance to test his weightloss success because none of his clothes matched the ones I could wear. Haha.
As for N, we only bought 1 raya outfit for him, because we know he won’t wear them next year (unless he wants to take part in the weight loss challenge next year haha) and the years after that. Subsequently we just dressed him in normal outfits like tshirts and pants.
Raya bakes. Well, initially I wanted to order, but the person I wanted to order from decided to bring her closing date earlier due to overwhelming response… so I contemplated whether to bake them or fight through the crowded Geylang Bazaar to get them. I ended up buying them from NTUC, and a piece of advice: Don’t buy if you cannot taste a sample.
Home decor. I have finally successfully persuaded D to get a carpet for our home of 3 years. Yes guys, 3 carpetless years. I saw a carpet design I loved and D caved in too. Heeee…
Next item on the list of persuasion: Get D to binge-watch ‘Nur’ with me.
Other than those, I have so many other things I want to share! Till the next one!